Still Spirits Turbo 500 Still Starter Kit
Operating the T500 is now easier than ever thanks to the fact there is only one thermometer to keep an eye on. The new design thermometer (complete with stainless steel probe) on the T500 measures the output temperature only, as there is no need for a inlet (top) thermometer.
All you need to get started making fantastic spirits & liqueurs. You will not find a better value for money kit anywhere.
In our opinion the T500 is the finest piece of equipment we have seen for the small producer. The quality of the alcohol is exceptional. It still benefits with treatment through a Z Carbon Filter. This increases the taste quality and removes further impurities.
This will make 10 x 75cl bottles of 40% ABV liquor. Once the kit has been purchased each additional batch will cost approx £1.60 a bottle.
If bought seperately, the components of the T500 starter kit would cost over £525.00!
- 1x Turbo 500 Still
- 1x 'Z' Carbon Filter Complete With filter papers, 2x10 Litre Buckets, Lids & Tap
- 2x 30 Litre Food Grade Plastic Buckets with Lids, Grommets & Airlocks
- 1x Mixing Spoon or Paddle
- 1x Hydrometer with Trial Case. (Case can be used to hold liquid, so the hydrometer can then be dropped in to take a reading)
- 1x Thermometer
- 1x Extendable Luxury Siphon with anti sediment end, tap end and bucket clip (for transferring the liquor to other containers and bottling)
- 1x Jug (Very useful for mixing Spirits & Liqueurs)
- 1x Spirit Hydrometer (For testing the amount of Alcohol by Volume (ABV)
- 1x Classic Turbo Yeast & Carbon
- 1x Triple Distilled Turbo Yeast & Carbon
- 2x Turbo Clear
- 1x Classic Whisky (sachet)
- 1x Classic Brandy (sachet)
- 1x Classic Gin (sachet)
- 1x Classic Bourbon (sachet)
- 1x Classic Rum (sachet)
- 1x Pack of 195g Carbon (for 'Z' filter refill)
- 1x 100g T500 Copper Saddles (packed with condenser)
- 1x 12g Ceramic Boil Enhancers (packed with condenser)
- 1x 50ml Distilling Conditioner (packed with condenser)
- 1x 1kg T500 Ceramic Saddles (packed with condenser)
Turbo 500 Still
In our opinion this is the finest piece of equipment we have seen for the small producer, capable of distilling alcohol to just over 90% ABV. The quality of the alcohol is exceptional, however it still benefits from treatment through a Z Carbon Filter. This increases the taste, quality, and removes further impurities.
The machine is capable of distilling 25 litres of wash in one go and is superb for essential oil extraction, fuel ethanol production or alcohol distillation (licence is required in UK).
The main reason for the exceptional quality is that the water flow is controlled at all points. It's therefore essential to get a controlled water supply into the column. The water flow connector (supplied) should be fitted ti a tap with an aerator (this is fitted to the end of modern taps). If this can't be done we can supply a 20mm adaptor which can be fitted to a tap with an external thread (such as an external or washing machine tap). As a final option we can supply a rubber tap fitting, but this prevents the use of the water flow controller. This adapter needs to be ordered seperately. As we said earlier, the reason the quality is so good is that we fully control the outlet water temperature by careful restriction of the water flow.
- Produces 95% yield at 93% purity.
- Easy to use.
- Stops producing when alcohol exhausted.
- The ultimate home distillation unit.
- Faucet Adapter for ease of water flow adjustment.
- 25 litre boiler with 2kw integrated element.
- Boil dry reset.
- Thermal cut out fuse.
- Waste discharge tap.
Further InformationT500 User Manual
For information regarding the distillation of alcohol using this still in the UK please see our UK Disclaimer Page.